SERVE God & Neighbor GENEROUSLY When we serve generously we obey the second part of the Great Commandment;
“Love your neighbor as yourself.”
EXISTING OPPORTUNITIES TO SERVE
Children’s Ministries: See Gina Daniels
Student Ministries: See Barbie Gomez
Sunday Welcome Team: See Pastor Jerry
Arts & Worship Team: See Pastor Bob or Shar Langley
Food Pantry: See Gina Daniels
NEW LONG-TERM LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES TO SERVE
Please See Pastor Jerry for Details
- Social Media Team: Create a local social media presence via appropriate platforms & apps. Both the message and the choice of platforms & apps need will be consistent with our values and our strategy.
- Creative Sermon Team: Assist in gathering creative service elements relevant to our current & planned message series that might be used in presenting the biblical truths of those messages. Think video clips, T.E.D. Talk ideas, On-the-spot straw polls & peer-to-peer discussion questions, stories, interviews, guest speakers, object lessons, illustrations, etc.
- Landscape Team: Planning out, acquiring, and maintaining the plants/landscaping necessary to radically reduce our water usage.
- Community Activators: Seek out both large & small group opportunities to serve in the community that are longer-term and thus relational & intentional. Think servant-evangelism.
“I HAVE SOME TIME NEXT WEEK” OPPORTUNITIES TO SERVE
Please See Pastor Jerry for Important Details/Specifics
- Pull banners from our brick sign pedestal out front and paint the backboard
- Finish/continue painting barn design on front of Children’s Building
- Finish/continue “barn slat” design on south side of Worship Center
- Sell old piano & organ
- Take rubbish behind 40′ Storage Containers to landfill/recycle location
- Patch front corner of lawn shed roof
- Re-board back of dry storage building/room
- Patch asphalt holes at parking lot entrance and Klassen Lane
- Clean out behind sheds and kitchen
- Re-wire patio lights
- Trim bushes on Klassen Lane
Taking CLASS 301: Discovering Our S.H.A.P.E. For Ministry, can play a significant role in helping you find a ministry that fits your gifting, personality, abilities, experiences, and, of course, your heart.